So - Abby and Isaac got their first post-hospital shots today. I never understood how much it hurt the parent until today! Abby cried so hard, and her face got so red. Then tonight when I removed the bandaids I noticed a bump as big as her whole thigh! It made me almost cry all over again. They got shots in the leg -- I got a shot in my heart!
It made me remember when I was little and HATED getting shots. One time, my brother Troy and I decided to hide. They found me, unfortunately. But Troy was never discovered. Then we were all loading into the car and he ran out from behind the bushes and said, "Wait for me!" They took him right in to get his shot. It was a really good effort, though. He almost made it! I also remember someone telling me, "Don't tense up, Melinda, or tomorrow morning when you jump down from your bed, you'll jump right back up again it will hurt so badly." Oh - injections! I'd love to say I've gotten better since then, but the truth is, I still hate needles! When I went in to have Abby and Isaac and they put the I.V. in my arm, I thought it stung so bad and almost said, "Forget it! This isn't worth it!" But then I realized I'd have to have an I.V. either way and might as well just stick with the one that was already in my arm. I told Dave in the moment that I was SUCH a baby, and I knew it, but I HATE needles in all forms. Needless to say, I soon learned that THAT pain was NOTHING!!!! Still, I'll never say, "Bring on the needles!" Some things just don't grow on you. And knowing that there is a worse pain doesn't make a bit of difference in that mindset for me!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment