I really want to write an entire blog about our awesome trip to San Diego . . . about the craziness that it is trying to get four adults and six children on the same page and ON THE ROAD for a family vacation; about all the things I loved when I FINALLY got to go to Sea World (and the commercialized things I didn't care for much); about the crazy-corny costumes and "trainer"/acrobat/dancers that we saw there; about Abby's HORRIBLY loopy day (I really felt like she had somehow o.d.'d on drugs -- no, for real); about our quality hotel . . . and why it is important to keep smoking and NON-smoking rooms SEPARATE -- UNEQUAL -- AWAY FROM EACH OTHER -- always; about how much Isaac LOVED the fish in the "aquarium" and Abby LOVED the dolphins and dancers; about the awful food prices and the need for some culinary attention at almost every place we ate; about our midnight trip to the store to take care of Abby a little more (third time's a charm, right?).
Yes, and I would LOVE to write a whole blog post about the San Diego Zoo -- about how Dave seemed to have more fun than the kids; about Isaac trying to climb in the exhibits to pet the elephants; about the awesome "sky car" system they have there; about choosing souvenirs for the kids, and . . . finally . . . about our car being broken into, with almost $3,000 in things stolen and my subsequent breakdown when Dave mentioned that we shouldn't judge California by this one incident or even started to hint at us staying here long term . . .
Yes, I would love to write about ALL OF THAT . . . with lots and lots of amazingly cute pictures to back it all up.
But right now, I'm exhausted! My feet feel like they are carrying three days of water around with them! My kids, Dave, and Lisa are all asleep. And if Nique and I don't go to bed soon, we're going to have a beastly day with the SIX KIDS, ages four and under, that we need to keep up with.
So, I won't write about all of that tonight. I'll just sign off and let your imaginations flow . . . for a little while! ;-D
8 years ago
1 comment:
Oh, dear . . . CA IS an interesting place. As a former missionary who lived there for 1.5 years, I can second that. Bless your little heart. I hope your mind and heart can remember more of the good moments than bad and that you are able to squeeze out enough laughter and fond memories to squelch the scary/frustrated ones. You were made to do all this and more. Love you, girl!
Post a Comment