Tonight we were driving home, dinner (at 8:00 at night) in the front seat with my mom as I drove. Here's the conversation:
Abby: Mommy - I hungee.
Me: I know, honey, but we're almost . . . we're getting closer, okay; so please just sit tight until we get there and then we can eat. Okay?
Abby: (reluctant whine) Okay.
Isaac: Mommy, dink of water, please. Dink of water, please Mommy.
Abby: Almost, Isaac. Almost. Isaac? Almost, okay Isaac. Almost house, Isaac, okay?
Me: (smile at my sweet girl taking care of her brother and the fact that Isaac asked so politely)
Brianna starts crying uncontrollably. I reach over the back seat and put my finger in her mouth cuz I cannot reach/find her paci (yes, I'm driving -- you do what you gotta do sometimes).
Me: Brianna -- it's okay, honey. We're almost there. Brianna, honey. Calm down, it's okay.
(crying continues - light turns green - I focus on the road)
Abby: Honey - okay, Nanna. Okay. Almost house, Nanna. Honey - Nanna - okay, Nanna.
They hear everything, don't they? Sometimes, that's a really good thing. :-)
8 years ago
1 comment:
holy crap Melinda you are going through so much right now I am behind on reading your posts and I just can't believe all that has gone on. I am so sorry for all the downs you have recently had, but awesome job on focusing on something positive that Abby did. I hope and pray that things get brighter and the sicknesses go away doesn't just living life seem tough enough? You hang in there, I know the Lord is mindful of you and your family and he will provide a way.
Post a Comment