Just a few thoughts that are running disjointedly through my head. Sorry my blog isn't a picture book - I guess my world doesn't happen in pictures! ;-D
"Be still, my soul - the Lord is on thy side!" I am really feeling the tender mercies of the Lord today. I feel so incredibly blessed. When you do all you can, He truly does make up the difference. Sometimes "all you can do" takes you to the very edge of what you have the strength to bear. And when He has tested your heartstrings and found He still has center place in your heart, He makes it all a little easier to bear, helps you even to feel it is a blessing to struggle and a blessing to have the struggling lifted or even removed.
"Be still and know that I am God." In the end, this is what He is working for. He doesn't worry about depleting funds. He doesn't worry about sickness or disease or death or trial. He is all about HAVING your heart. Having us KNOW that He is God - God over all. In and about and through and over everything you could ever experience or struggle with.
"Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin . . . .Wherefore, if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."
And there is the real test - seek the Kingdom of God and all other things will be added unto you. Don't pull up or cast away the seed of faith because of fear or doubt or lack of answers. The Lord is on YOUR side. And He will take care of everything you need if you will just give Him your heart.
And finally, Neal A. Maxwell taught, "As you submit your wills to God, you are giving Him the only thing you can actually give Him that is really yours to give. Don't wait too long to find the altar or to begin to place the gift of your wills upon it! No need to wait for a receipt; the Lord has His own special ways of acknowledging."
7 years ago
1 comment:
I so needed this Melinda. The stereo in my car is out and with 20 minutes drive twice a day, I thought, that's great, I'll use that quiet to spend time with God. But I can't seem to quiet my head and accomplish that! Being still is sooo tough for me. I'm praying for help with that but knowing others are thinking about the importance of being still and knowing helps too.
Post a Comment