CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Today

Today was better than yesterday.  And yesterday was better than the day before that.  With two "better than" days, I have high hopes for tomorrow!

Today I played with my kids.  I had tickle fights with Isaac and Brianna on my bed.  I swung Abby and Isaac around and around and around in the kitchen.  Then I held them like airplanes and did it again . . . and again! And again!

Today we put Brianna in a swing at the park for the first time -- and she LOVED it!

Today we took the kids to the park.  I got a Diet Dr. Pepper.  The family got a Blackberry Milkshake!  Everyone chose the Dr. Pepper over the Milkshake - which was spilled all over the floor under my feet without me realizing it was in the tipped over bag - still almost half full!

Today we had Chicken Fajitas for dinner.  I opted for a carbless one -- meaning I had a Chicken Fajita salad.  Abby ate 1/3 of my salad and asked for more.  Isaac ate Abby's left-over Peanut Butter sandwich from lunch.

Today Brianna crawled giggling away from me as fast as she could as I tried to catch her to change her diaper and get her into bed.  That's the first time we've played "You can't get me, Mommy!"

Today we read It's Raining, It's Pouring - actually, Dave sung it to the kids for their bedtime story.  He doesn't sing.  But somehow his voice was PERFECT for that story! And I wished he would let me get a recording of it for the kids to hear when they can't remember listening to him sing like that before.

Today Abby and Isaac played dinosaur and horsey.  The dinosaurs are scary - they roar and chase you around the house.  The horsey, however, is really nice.  Abby rode Horsey Isaac to storytime.  Then Isaac rode Horsey Abby to find Mommy for prayer. Dave took a picture.  It was HILARIOUS!!!  We were ALL laughing!

Today the kids read stories to me -- stories about creepy crawlies and farm animals and colors and counting.

Today Abby sang with me as we cleaned up the toys in the office - a song she had never heard before.  But she's getting really good at playing sing-along-with-Mommy!

Today Abby told me as she climbed the ladder on the toys at the park that I was too big.  After laughing for a few seconds I asked her if Daddy - who had already climbed the ladder and was waiting for her at the top - was too big.  She gave me that silly-Mom smile and said in her silly-Mom voice, "Oh, Mo-OM!  Daddy not too big!"

Today we had chocolate milk instead of just plain milk.

Today Brianna took a long nap and played with the big kid Leggo blocks!  She even fell on them and cut her head in the form of the circle on top.  But she didn't notice too much after the initial hit.  She's a tough cookie like that.


Today was a good day.  A very, very good day!

No comments: